Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions – March 2021
- You agree to pay Iced Images Cakes the price as quoted on your signed Order Form.
- All our prices are exempt from VAT.
- Prices are non-negotiable and must be paid in full by the date shown on the order form to prevent forfeiting the order.
Bookings and Booking fees
- All Orders and Dates are only secured with a non-refundable booking fee of £100.
- Should you decide to book with us, the dates that were discussed will be held open for a period of 7 days following the Booking Forms being sent to you via email. After this time the dates are released.
- Once the booking fee is received your booking/date will then be fully secured.
- We do not chase booking fees, failure to pay puts your date at risk.
- By paying your booking fee to us, you are seen to be agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- The Final Balance is due one calendar month prior to the cake delivery date as specified on your order form.
- The date your final balance is due, and the amount is shown on your invoice. A reminder will be sent to no later than 7 days before the payment is due.
- Failure to make payment of the remaining balance may result in your order being cancelled and your date being made available to someone else.
- Payment methods accepted are Cash, Cheque or Bank Transfer. Cheques are to be made payable to “Karen Ker” and sent to the address above. Please allow an additional 5 days for cheques to be banked and cleared. Please write your name and address and invoice number of the rear of your cheque. If you wish to pay by Bank Transfer (preferred method) our bank details can be found on the Order Form, we have sent you.
- Once payment has been received a receipt will be sent to you via email.
Late or non-payment
- Late or non-payment could result in loss of your booking date.
- In the event of a late or non-payment, the order will not proceed until alternative funding has been agreed and payment made in full. In these circumstances’ completion of the order on the required date will not be guaranteed and becomes subject to availability.
- Unless otherwise requested, wedding cakes will be delivered and set up at the agreed venue on the required date as stated on the booking form.
- Delivery is free of charge within 10 miles of our studio in Ditton, Aylesford. Delivery further afield is at a cost of 50p per mile (round trip).
- If we cannot deliver the cake because there is no one to receive it or if the venue details are incorrect the cake will be returned to our studio and held for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Should you request to collect your cake, Iced Images Cakes takes no responsibility for any damage sustained to the cake during transport, delivery and subsequent set up at the venue. The cake becomes the sole responsibility of the customer once it has left our premises. We strongly advise that where practical you allow us to deliver your cake for you.
- For wedding cakes, set up at the venue will occur at an agreed time with the venue.
- The cake will be set up in line with the details on the booking form and in the final location at the venue (where possible). The cake will be photographed in situ before we leave the venue and inspected by the venue management, Wedding Planner or any third-party taking delivery etc.
- Any damage sustained to the cake after this time is the responsibility of the venue and not Iced Images Cakes.
- Iced Images Cakes are not responsible for any repairs required due to damage sustained at the venue because of failure to follow instructions/advice we may give in respect of storage, setting up or further transportation of the cake.
- Should we be unable to set the cake up ourselves due to limitations at the venue, we take no responsibility for any damage caused to the cake once we have delivered it.
- Cancellation of your wedding cake 12 weeks or more will result in the booking fee being retained.
- Cancellations 12 weeks or less (up to 1 week) before the agreed date require 50% of the balance to be paid to cover any work already completed and items purchased for the cake.
- Cancellations 1 week before or less will require the remaining balance to be paid in full.
- All cancellation must be made in writing. Verbal phone cancellations will not be binding.
- Should you wish to transfer your date through choice we will happily move (availability permitting) to a new date within 12 months of the original wedding date free of charge.
- Rearranging beyond 12 months of the original date will result in an additional charge of 10% of the total price of the cake to cover admin costs, loss of sales and to cover increases in prices of raw materials etc during this time.
- If we are fully booked on your new wedding date or on holiday and cannot provide the wedding cake, it will not be possible to refund your booking fee.
- The limiting factor with any cake provision is usually the cake set-up. As a compromise, it may be possible to provide you with a cake prior to your wedding date, but under these circumstances it will become your responsibility to collect, deliver and set up the cake at the venue.
- In the case of the date being changed to another date where we have a booking, the original booking will be given priority with regards to delivery and your cake will be delivered to fit around this with agreement of your venue.
- Changing your date for a like for like date will not incur any additional charge. Changing your date to peak season (April to October) from low wedding season (November to March) will incur a price change equivalent to any winter discount applied.
- Should you wish to cancel your booking then the booking fee CANNOT be transferred to any other cake order.
- Should you be forced to cancel or postpone your wedding as a result of a Global Pandemic or such like and no weddings are able to take place (as per government instructions) we will do everything possible to work with you to change your date.
- If weddings are allowed to take place, however many guests are allowed, and you decide to cancel your wedding or postpone our standard terms and conditions apply.
- We have a range of cake stands and a silver cake knife available for hire subject to availability.
- All stands require a deposit which is fully refundable on return of the hired stand.
- The hirer is responsible for returning the hired equipment to Iced Images within the agreed timescales and original condition.
- Any damages to, or if loss of the cake stand or knife has occurred, then the whole deposit will be retained.
- Failure to return the cake stand after the wedding by the agreed date will result in loss of the deposit or a portion of the deposit should we required to collect it ourselves. The amount deducted will cover the mileage to the venue and back to collect the stand plus our time.
- The deposit is payable as cash, cheque or bank transfer.
- Iced images Cakes will not enter any 3rdparty hire agreements for cake stands/knives. Hiring of these items from anywhere other than Iced Images directly remains the responsibility of the client.
- We reserve the right not to use any cake stand supplied by the client or the venue that we feel will not support the cake. In this event we will place the cake directly on the table.
- Any special recipe request such as “no nuts” will be met wherever possible.
- However, whilst your chosen cake will not be made with nuts or nut products, no absolute nut free guarantees can be given, as some ingredients are not guaranteed nut free by the manufacturers. We also work from our home which is not a nut free environment, and which handles nuts, dairy, gluten, and soy as such, so no absolute allergen free guarantees can be given to any cake order.
- Allergy information will be provided with all orders to the bride/groom and venue in advance of the wedding by email.
- It is the client’s responsibility to notify Iced Images of any allergies and to check that we are able to cater for these allergies prior to placing an order with us.
- Whilst every effort is made to match colours for icing, ribbon, flowers and other decorations, it is not always possible to match them exactly.
- Colours will look different in different lights (natural, artificial and time of day) and are also subject to personal interpretation.
- Iced Images colour interpretation will be final.
Naked, Semi-Naked Cakes and Buttercream Cakes
- Whilst every effort is made to make your naked cake/semi naked cake as fresh and moist as possible, over time and depending upon the weather and temperature at your venue, your cake may start to become dry.
- Iced Images take no responsibility for this and will provide the best moist cake possible.
- We will have explained to you the potential issues with these types of cake at the time of booking.
- Due to Food Hygiene regulations, it is not possible to use fresh cream or any cream cheese filling. In these cakes, buttercream only will be used.
- For Buttercream wedding cakes we take no responsibility for any issues with the cake relating to heat, sunlight and temperature as these are out of our control. The issues regarding Buttercream cakes in warm weather would have been explained to you before ordering.
- Following advice from our local council and Environmental Health Officer we are unable to recommend or add fresh flowers to your cake.
- Should you decide to add fresh flowers to your cake, we will not take any further responsibility for the cake in anyway and you do so at your own risk.
- As specialists in sugar flowers, we prefer to work with sugar flowers at all times. These flowers are specifically made from sugar and are food safe and will stay as beautiful through out the day as they were when they were originally placed on your cake, as long as the cake is kept out of direct sunlight.
- Fresh flowers also have a short life, and should you add fresh flowers to your cake, we take no responsibility for their appearance at any point.
- We accept no liability whatsoever for toppers provided by someone else that do not fit on the cake.
- The sizes of your cake are provided to you and we are happy to work with you should you purchase cake toppers elsewhere.
- In the highly unlikely event, you have cause to complain, no cake must be eaten. You (or the venue) must call us immediately and we will collect the cake (if possible), or the cake must be retained (await instructions from us).
- If the cake is eaten, either wholly or partly (i.e., more than a couple of mouthfuls) we cannot accept any complaint.
- Complaints made 7 days or more after the cake was collected/delivered will not be dealt with as we were not provided with the opportunity to try and correct any issues or inspect the cake.
- All refunds are made at the discretion of the manager.
- No refunds will be given on differences of artistic opinion with regards to design or colour tones.
- Any complaint posted in public forums will not be dealt with. Any attacks or unwarranted comments made in any public forums will be seen as libel and we will endeavour to seek legal advice and claim for damages.
- We reserve the rights to photograph your cake order whilst on our premises or during delivery for our own reference, use on our social media, websites, publication or may be printed for our portfolio.
- Any images provided to us by you, or your photographer will also fall under the rights as above.
Weather / Traffic
- Should we be physically unable to deliver your cake in circumstances such as and not limited to snow, flood, Operation Stack, traffic jams & road closures, hurricane, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- We will explore all other roads in order to get you your cake but accept no liability for our inability to deliver the cake or lateness under these circumstances.
- We strongly advise you take out your own wedding insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances that are not covered by our own Public Liability Insurance.
Storage of Fruit Cakes
- Iced Images Cakes do not support the storage of fruit cakes beyond a few weeks of your wedding.
- Should you decide to keep it for longer, you do so at your own risk.
- If you intend to keep the fruit cake, please notify us at the time of booking so we can ensure that the fruit cake is sealed and not punctured in anyway by decoration or by stacking.
- We take no responsibility should you decide to keep the cake for use at a later date or without informing us, especially if you have chosen the tier to be any tier other than the top one.
- If you have kept your fruit cake and it proves to be inedible at the time of cutting, we in no way take any responsibility for this.
- We are very happy to work with you to achieve your perfect design for your cake, however during the actual making and decorating of the cake, we reserve the right to make changes as necessary to ensure that the cake is stable, food safe and as close to your design as possible should there become circumstances that are out of our control.
- Should it become necessary for any major alterations we will advise you in advance and explain the reasons behind this. Should any minor changes to design become necessary, these will be made at Iced Images Cakes discretion.
- Amendments to your design can generally be accommodated up to 4 weeks before the due date.
- Any increased cost as a result of this will be advised and charged for accordingly.
Wedding Cake Consultations and Wedding Cake Samples
- Wedding Cake Samples are available to order through our website. The cost of your first box of cake samples (to a maximum of 6 samples) will be deducted from your final balance should you then book your wedding cake with us and spend over £200.
- Additional samples can be ordered at your own cost.
- Cake samples will be available on a specific date each month for post or collection. The date of each sample day will be available on our website.
- Should you wish (and circumstance allow) to have a face-to-face consultation with me in my home, you should still order your cake samples via our website and a sample box will be available for you either to take home or for you to eat during our discussions.
- We are very happy to carry out consultations via zoom/facetime or WhatsApp would it not be possible or if you do not wish to meet in person.
Code of Conduct
- We strive to provide a professional and personal service to all our customers and will do everything possible to meet our clients’ expectations.
- For whatever reason, should the client feel his expectations are not being met, we expect to be treated in a polite and professional manner.
- Should we feel, threatened in anyway, become aware of any negative comments being made about us or we receive any aggressive or rude communication from or by a customer we reserve the right to terminate our contract with immediate effect, regardless as to the date of the wedding.